H&R Block EFile Key Code
- All HR Block product versions that are labeled Federal + E-file, have the e-file fees for 5 federal returns already included in your purchase price. The package includes a Key Code, which you will enter into HR Block to activate the 5 free e-filings, additional federal returns are $9.95.
- If you purchased a State product, the e-file fees for a state return are determined when you are ready to e-file.
- Otherwise you can use the Simple Pay feature (pay e-file fees from your federal refund) and you qualify, the Simple Pay service fee will be provided in the File tab when you are ready to e-file.
HR Block E-File KeyCode
E-file key codes: where to find them...
By purchasing HR Block software, you're entitled to 5 free federal e-filings and a free Ask a Tax Advisor session. To access these features, you'll need the Key Code, an 8-character alpha-numeric code.
If you purchased HR Block:
- In a store, the Key Code can be found on the booklet included inside your box.
- From our online store, the Key Code can be found on the Order Confirmation screen.
- From a CD received in the mail, the Key Code can be found on your Order Confirmation e-mail.
Note: The Key Code can be used for 5 federal e-filings and 1 Ask a Tax Advisor session.
No. The Key Code included with your HR Block software purchase is valid for 5 free federal e-files.
There will be no Key Code for state returns. You may enter your payment information for your state e-file during the e-file process.
If you're using HR Block Premium + State + E-file and the Key Code you're entering is being rejected, make sure you've entered the Key Code correctly. The Key Code won't contain:
- The letter "O"
- a zero (0)
If you entered either the letter "O" or a zero (0), enter the letter "Q" instead.
There are 3 methods to pay for e-filing.
- Key Code: The product comes with a Key Code that you'll enter into HR Block to enable your free e-filings.
- Simple Pay: If you have a federal tax refund, you can choose to pay for e-filing by deducting the e-file fee(s) from your federal refund amount using Simple Pay.
- Credit Card: HR Block accepts most debit, check cards that are associated with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express, as long as it's eligible for Internet commerce transactions.
If you pay for the e-file fees using a credit card, your credit card won't be charged until the tax return has been accepted by the IRS or the state taxing authority. If you need to resubmit a rejected return, you'll need to provide your credit card information again, but will not be charged a second time.
Explore our site and use it to your advantage, we are glad to help, Enjoy!