The review cited TaxCut's competitive advantage in the access it provides to H&R Block's tax professionals - as the major and superior advantage.
Tax Cut Software is a CD Download suite of products including these editions - Basic + Efile, Premium + Efile, State + Efile, Home & Business + Efile. The advantage is that by loading the program on your computer - you don't need to have internet access to complete your tax return.
TaxCut, H&R Block's (NYSE: HRB) industry-leading tax preparation software is truly at the top when it comes to choices for the do-it-yourselfer that wants to save money on their tax filing.
Uninstalling and reinstalling TaxCut Software
To uninstall TaxCut:
- Click the Start button, and select Settings, then select Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon.
- Select the TaxCut program you want to delete, and follow instructions on screen.
- For 2007 and 2008 TaxCut, repeat the above procedures for all TaxCut State programs you have installed.
- Delete the TaxCut06, TaxCut07, or TaxCut08 folder
- Right-click on the Start button and click Explore.
- Click the C: drive.
- Click on the + sign in front of Program Files to display the sub-folders.
- Click on the TaxCut06, TaxCut07, or TaxCut08 folder.
- Go to the File menu, and select Delete.
Note: If prompted, click Yes to delete the folder.
To reinstall TaxCut for Windows:
- Close any open programs.
- Place the TaxCut CD in the CD drive. The installation program should begin automatically.
- If the installation program doesn't start automatically, open My Computer and double-click the TaxCut CD icon.
- Follow the installation instructions for TaxCut.
- Update the TaxCut program.
To Uninstall TaxCut
- Backup any TaxCut data files to another location, or removable storage device.
- Double-click the hard disk icon.
- Double-click the Applications folder icon, locate and drag the TaxCut application to the Trash. The folder name usually includes TaxCut and the year.
- Double-click your Home folder.
- Double-click the Library folder.
- Locate and open the Preferences folder.
- Click on the file com.hrblock.taxcut.plist file, or com.hrblock.taxcutXX.plist (where XX is the last two digits of the tax year) and drag that file to the Trash.
- Close all folders and return to the desktop.
To Reinstall TaxCut on your Mac
- Close any open programs.
- Reinstall TaxCut by inserting the TaxCut CD in the CD drive. The installation program should begin automatically.
- If the installation program doesn't start automatically, double-click the TaxCut 2008 CD icon on the desktop.
- To install TaxCut, drag the TaxCut application icon to the Applications folder in the window as explained in the background image of the window.
- After installation is complete, update the TaxCut program.
For TaxCut FREE Edition, Online Office, Signature and Free Estimator & Calculators. See - H&R Block TaxCut Online