Wall Street Journal technology columnist Walter S. Mossberg called HR Block from
H&R Block "distinctly superior," recently choosing HR Block over competitor
TurboTax in his annual review of tax preparation
The review cited HR Block's competitive advantage in the access it provides to H&R Block's tax professionals - as the major and superior advantage.
HRBlock Software is a CD Download suite of products including these editions - Basic + Efile, Premium + Efile, State + Efile, Home & Business + Efile. The advantage is that by loading the program on your computer - you don't need to have internet access to complete your tax return.
HR Block, H&R Block's (NYSE: HRB) industry-leading tax preparation software is truly at the top when it comes to choices for the do-it-yourselfer that wants to save money on their tax filing.
Uninstalling and reinstalling HR Block Software
It is always a good idea to backup and save your HR Block data files to a removable
disk first before uninstalling or reinstalling new HR Block software even though your
HR Block data files are not removed during these processes.
To uninstall HR Block:
- Click the Start button, and select Settings, then select Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon.
- Select the HR Block program you want to delete, and follow instructions on screen.
- For 2007 and 2008 HR Block, repeat the above procedures for all HR Block State programs you have installed.
- Delete the HR Block06, HR Block07, or HR Block08 folder
- Right-click on the Start button and click Explore.
- Click the C: drive.
- Click on the + sign in front of Program Files to display the sub-folders.
- Click on the HR Block06, HR Block07, or HR Block08 folder.
- Go to the File menu, and select Delete.
Note: If prompted, click Yes to delete the folder.
To reinstall HR Block for Windows:
- Close any open programs.
- Place the HR Block CD in the CD drive. The installation program should begin automatically.
- If the installation program doesn't start automatically, open My Computer and double-click the HR Block CD icon.
- Follow the installation instructions for HR Block.
- Update the HR Block program.
To Uninstall HR Block
- Backup any HR Block data files to another location, or removable storage device.
- Double-click the hard disk icon.
- Double-click the Applications folder icon, locate and drag the HR Block application to the Trash. The folder name usually includes HR Block and the year.
- Double-click your Home folder.
- Double-click the Library folder.
- Locate and open the Preferences folder.
- Click on the file com.hrblock.HR Block.plist file, or com.hrblock.HR BlockXX.plist (where XX is the last two digits of the tax year) and drag that file to the Trash.
- Close all folders and return to the desktop.
To Reinstall HR Block on your Mac
- Close any open programs.
- Reinstall HR Block by inserting the HR Block CD in the CD drive. The installation program should begin automatically.
- If the installation program doesn't start automatically, double-click the HR Block 2008 CD icon on the desktop.
- To install HR Block, drag the HR Block application icon to the Applications folder in the window as explained in the background image of the window.
- After installation is complete, update the HR Block program.